Yesterday I had a very interesting time at The Knitting & Stitching Show in Ally Pally - www.twistedthread.com. We saw all manner of creative goods and projects. Here are my K&S Show top 5(in no particular order)
- The Hyperbolic Coral Reef - Wow! I'm so happy that I got to see part of this fantastic creation, a delight to the eyes!
- The button installation - "Seeking Pearls" by Alfreda McHale. I thought I was the only one who collected tons of buttons, this lady is the Button Queen - go girl!
- Helping Hands Knitting Aid www.knittingaid.co.uk If you know anyone whose hands aren't strong enough to hold up knitting needles anymore or have bad arthritis, this might be the aid to get them knitting again; invented by a lovely young man for his nan who couldn't knit for him anymore.
- The Rug Lady also known as Jenni, inspired us to buy a 'bodger' and a 'speed shuttle 'after her demonsration of rug making techniques. http://jenni.ragrugs.freeuk.com
- The Schiffli Project - It was great to see an old old machine still in use (the last working schiffli machine in Britain) 15 artists created work utilising this unique machine).